The countdown begins, with just weeks left for Portugal’s Golden visa as we know it.
From January, most coastal property will be exempt from the program and the Private Equity Funds, which have proved most popular with remote applications, will go up by €150,000. If you are not able to apply in the next couple of weeks, but are still considering a plan B at the lower entry rates, what are your options?
Grenada, the more unknown gem of the Caribbean is breathtakingly beautiful, and an emerging property market ideal for second-home buyers and retirees, gaining popularity with South Afrtican’s because of its affordable residency program.
Property prices are, for the time being, typically lower than other Caribbean islands with a more established market. However, having followed the lead of nearby St Kitts & Nevis and Antigua & Barbuda in launching a Citizenship by Investment Program, the Grenada real estate market is expected to develop rapidly and prices are expected to gradually rise. Invest $220,0000 and not only bag yourself a lovely property, get citizenship too, which comes with the following benefits:
- Visa-free travel to c. 140 countries (Incl. UK, EU, China, Russia)
- 3 – 4 months without the need to reside/visit Grenada
- Tax advantages
- Spouse, children, siblings, and parents included
- Ability to resell the investment after 5 years
- Expected up to 5% return for investors.
- The ability to apply for a US E2 visa.
Montenegro’s Citizenship-by-Investment Programme launched in Q1 2020.
By purchasing a property in Montenegro for as little as €250,000, you and your family can benefit from visa-free travel to 124 countries and the opportunity to live in one of the most beautiful places in Europe.
- Instant Citizenship
- Dual Citizenship is permitted
- No requirement to reside in Montenegro
- No language requirement
- No interview, education, or management experience required
- The citizenship is passed to next generation
- Visa-Free Travel
- Instant travel to 125 Countries including the Schengen zone, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Romania, Russia, Turkey, Hong Kong, and Singapore.
- E1 and E-2 Visa: Montenegro to U.S.A.
- Favorable taxation regime; personal income tax and corporate tax rates starting at 9%
- Candidate country for the EU